Thursday, September 15, 2011

Doodles from the 80's

And now for something completely different!

Back in the 80's, when I was a young lad, I did some drawings. My style is just to doodle along, and I did this on lined paper, unfortunately. This post represents just one page of the drawings that I have, and I have quite a few. Click on any of these images for a larger view.

To put the first drawing into perspective, the idea of morphing two images in an animated GIF had just become the rage at the time. God, I sound like grandpa Simpson. So I did a drawing which morphed from one into the other.


Note that my pen fell into the punched hole at the end and I just kept on drawing around it for the simple reason that it felt good.


Ok, so moving on now to what I think is a more interesting (but somewhat atypical of me) drawing. This is along the morph theme, but in one image. Can you see them both? I like the idea of someone shaking the tree of love angrily.


Ok, I admit, it's pretty hard. My wife couldn't see it either, so don't feel bad. You can't see "Harry Half Face" in this picture, can you? Think of a mean man where there is a pool of light on one side of his face only. Still not getting it? Try the stripped down version here, or if you really still need help and don't know what the hell I am talking about, try this one. And yes, that does feature possibly the worlds worst drawing of hands - but it's just to give you an idea of what I was thinking, mmmmk.

Lastly, I wanted to ask if you have ever felt like this drawing is trying to show? If not, well, you have missed out, 'cos I have!

No comments: